How to Get Instagram for Kindle Fire (HDX)
Instagram is the most popular image social app, which is available for almost all smart phones and tablets. You can also find it Amazon’s official appstore by searching “Instagram“.
But look at the users reviews, you will find things are not so simple.
- I have a kindle fire and I find it uncool about the fact I CAN NOT USE MY INSTAGRAM AT ALL I CAN NOT POST ANY PICTURES
- Not compatible with my Kindle fire HDX??????!!!!! That’s so not fair!!!
- why is this not compatible with my kindle fire hd??? this seems a bit ridiculous
- It wouldn’t work for my kindle. I really wish they would get an app for the kindle fire hd that works
Well, for an app get from official Amazon appstore, it’s not compatible with Amazon’s device, that’s ridiculous. What’s worse, in some Amazon appstores out of US, we even cannot find instagram app.
Therefore, we need a solid universal way to get Instagram for Kindle Fire tablets, including HD and HDX.
1. Download Instagram APK
There are many online sources providing Instagram APK download, I find a clean site for you, as you know, these kind of sites always contain many fraudulent ads images, you click “Download” and turns out it’s a fake download button.
Here is a direct download link for Instagram APK: http://www56.zippyshare.com/d/t80qzaeE/484036/com.instagram.android-6.18.0-APK4Fun.com.apk, if it goes invalid, here is a spare link.
2. Get Instagram Installed on Kindle Fire
You need some tricks to install an app from .apk file on Kinde Fire.
- Enable install non-Amazon app on Kindle Fire
- Get a file browser app, like ES File Explorer
- Transfer the .apk file into Kindle Fire, use file browser app to find it and install it
For detailed guide of these tricks, please refer to the post about install Google Play on Fire Phone.
You can also install Google Play on Kindle Fire with the exactly same method of how to install it on fire phone, then you can get Instagram via Google Play, that’s an alternative way.